Milani Color Statement Lipsticks - Red Lips!!!

8:00 AM

I picked up a couple of the new Milani Color Statement Lipsticks at Duane Reade the other day. I've been waiting for these to come out ever since I saw the first set of them swatched. So pretty!! I limited myself to two, both of which are red OF COURSE.




As you can see, these lipsticks pretty much look EXACTLY alike. Which I should have known after looking at a million swatches online, but I really thought they would be a little different in person. They aren't. If prompted I would say Red Label is a touch lighter and more pink. But really, not noticeable at all.

Oh! I just read on their website that Red Label is a cream and Best Red is matte. Best Red isn't all that matte though. Especially comparing to something like Ruby Woo. So that that as you will.


First impressions on these:

  • They are really nicely pigmented. You can see from my swatch photo that with one swipe, you get quite a bit of pigment. Then building it up you for sure will get an opaque lip, which I love.
  • They don't smell awful. I say it that way because they do smell a little....cheap? I guess. They kind of smell like Kool-Aid tropical punch. It isn't too bad, but it isn't the best either. However, the smell doesn't linger too long.
  • The texture is nice. They don't feel too dry or too thick.
  • I did have problems with Red Label migrating off my lip. I wasn't using a primer or lip liner since I was just putting it on when I got home to test the feel of it, but an hour later I noticed the little lines on my lips were red and spreading. I tried Best Red with a primer and liner and didn't have that issue.
  • The packaging attracts fingerprints like whoa (see above photo). I thought my YSL lippies were bad about that, but these are worse. But this packaging isn't really a showpiece anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter. They are cheap feeling and the lipstick was kind of smudging on the sides of the twist-up too. However, I just super love the bottom of these that show the color of the lipstick. 



Overall, these are fabulous, for the price at least. Great color payoff and a wearable red for most skintones. 


Currently Wearing:

Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm (my lips are chapping)

Currently Listening To:



Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog