Milani Color Statement Lipsticks - Red Lips!!!8:00 AM
I picked up a couple of the new Milani Color Statement Lipsticks at Duane Reade the other day. I've been waiting for these to come out ever since I saw the first set of them swatched. So pretty!! I limited myself to two, both of which are red OF COURSE.
As you can see, these lipsticks pretty much look EXACTLY alike. Which I should have known after looking at a million swatches online, but I really thought they would be a little different in person. They aren't. If prompted I would say Red Label is a touch lighter and more pink. But really, not noticeable at all.
Oh! I just read on their website that Red Label is a cream and Best Red is matte. Best Red isn't all that matte though. Especially comparing to something like Ruby Woo. So that that as you will.
First impressions on these:
- They are really nicely pigmented. You can see from my swatch photo that with one swipe, you get quite a bit of pigment. Then building it up you for sure will get an opaque lip, which I love.
- They don't smell awful. I say it that way because they do smell a little....cheap? I guess. They kind of smell like Kool-Aid tropical punch. It isn't too bad, but it isn't the best either. However, the smell doesn't linger too long.
- The texture is nice. They don't feel too dry or too thick.
- I did have problems with Red Label migrating off my lip. I wasn't using a primer or lip liner since I was just putting it on when I got home to test the feel of it, but an hour later I noticed the little lines on my lips were red and spreading. I tried Best Red with a primer and liner and didn't have that issue.
- The packaging attracts fingerprints like whoa (see above photo). I thought my YSL lippies were bad about that, but these are worse. But this packaging isn't really a showpiece anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter. They are cheap feeling and the lipstick was kind of smudging on the sides of the twist-up too. However, I just super love the bottom of these that show the color of the lipstick.
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review.