February Fave Five

10:16 PM



My favorite products for the last month!



  • Shu Uemura eyelash curler - last month I was telling my sister that my eyelash curler just wasn't working out and I was looking to get a new one. My old one was just a bit too big for my eye shape and it was too awkward. She then said that her eyelash curler was a bit too small for her eyes and she didn't use it much because of that. So we Goldilocks'd it up and tried them out and hers fit me and mine fit her, so we switched! Turns out she had the much talked about on beauty blogs curler by Shu Uemura. I'm now actually curling my lashes daily! Success!!
  • Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in NO.21 - I got this about a year ago, right before the big American BB boom. I believe I had heard on Makeupalley.com that it was amazing. And it is! It has pretty great coverage and unlike most foundations, it doesn't make my face feel dry at all. I've repurchased this stuff already because I just love it and can't be without it.
  • Estée Lauder Double-Wear Stay In Place Shadow Creme in 21 Buttercreme - I got this quite a while ago at the Estée Lauder company store but it sat in my "maybe give as a gift someday" box in my closet unopened (full disclosure, I worked for an ELC brand for six years and got a lot of gratis stuff as part of my benefits, but haven't worked there in over a year). It honestly doesn't look all that impressive in the jar through the glass. But one day I realized I didn't really have a cream shadow in a golden beige, so I opened it up. I wear it all the time now. It's a great color if I want to just swipe something on and look bright-eyed, but don't want a lot of work. And let me tell ya, it is Stay In Place. It doesn't budge or crease on me. I can wear it 14+ hours without fail. Love it. I have it swatched below.
  • L'Oréal Colour Riche Caresse Stick in Cherry Tulle - I generally stay away from sheer lipsticks because I like a bold lip. But I have morning classes a few days a week and sometimes I'm just tired. Too tired to worry about what I'm swiping on even. So I impulse purchased this at Duane Reade in January. It's perfect. If I just want a touch of pinky color, I just swipe it on. But if I want a little bit of a bolder sheer red, I go over my lips a lot and I get a good amount of color on there. And these feel really nice on my lips. I've seen some people reviewing them as though they feel dry, but this one is so creamy I can't imagine it being drying. This texture and opacity is exactly what I expected the Revlon Lip Butters to be like, but weren't. I also have this swatched below showing the one swipe and also multiple swipes to show build-up.
  • Lancôme Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover - This is one of those things that I had no idea I really needed until I got it. I've used eye makeup removers in the past and didn't really see any big deal about them (like the MAC one in the purple bottle that never got it all off) and anyway, "my eye makeup comes off when I wash my face." But I still would wake up with raccoon eyes. Then I got a deluxe sample of this stuff and WOAH. "I can get all my eye makeup off?" Haha. I don't know what I was thinking! I just ordered a full size of this stuff today. Amazing.


Currently Wearing: 

Rimmel Kate Moss 01

Currently Listening To: 




Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog