MAC Lipstick Swatches - Paring Down

7:05 AM




Happy Valentine's Day to All! This post really has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but I took a cute picture of my MAC lipsticks in a heart shape, so that's that.



The real reason for this post is that for the last few months I've been really thinking about combing through my collection and getting rid of a lot of items I don't use much. I have a fairly large collection of MAC lipsticks and I don't really reach for them like I used to, so I thought I'd tackle them first. In order to decide what to keep, I wanted to swatch everything, so I might as well take pictures of that process.


Above (L-R):
Ronnie Red (Matte)

Charlotte (Matte)
Charmed I'm Sure (Matte)
Cardinal (Satin)
Russian Red (Matte)
Salon Rouge (Matte)
True Love's Kiss (Amplified)
Racy (Frost)
Viva Glam Rihanna (Frost)
Ruling Class (Frost)



Above (L-R):
Sweet Sakura (Cremesheen)
Steam Heat (Satin)
Lady Danger (Matte)
Ruby Woo (Matte)
RiRi Woo (Retro Matte)
MAC Red (Satin)
Adore It (Glaze)
New Temptation (Sheen Supreme)
Flaming Lips (Huggable Lipcolor)

Swatching really helped me see how similar a lot of these are. I mean, I know I have a lot of similar reds, but some of them are REALLY similar. I have a preliminary list now of what I'm going to do.

Keep:
Ronnie Red
Charmed I'm Sure
Russian Red
True Love's Kiss
Lady Danger
Ruby Woo
MAC Red
Adore It

Maybe:
Charlotte
Steam Heat

Going:
Cardinal
Salon Rouge
Racy
Viva Glam Rihanna
Ruling Class
Sweet Sakura
RiRi Woo
New Temptation
Flaming Lips

For all that I'm getting rid of, I'm thinking of doing a blogsale. I have another blog that I've done those on in the past, so keep an eye out on that, or feel free to make an offer in the comments here if you don't want to wait.


Currently Wearing: 

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Spiderweb Lipstick

Currently Listening To: 


The song "She's Gone" by Pypy used for this show.... <3

Follow me: 

Instagram: recordsandredlipstick
Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog