Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick Swatches & Review

1:10 PM



Golden Rose sent me a few lipsticks to try out recently, and they are some beautiful lipsticks! I was not aware of this brand prior to them contacting me, but now I plan on ordering some more lipsticks and other products. They sent me two different formulas of lipsticks in a few different shades. I swatched them all here, which are each just one swipe. The quality on these are great!



They sent me three of the Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipsticks. These are very creamy and pigmented. The color goes on nicely and since the formula has vitamin E, they are not drying at all, especially for a matte formula. With the quality of these, I was surprised when I found these on their website for only $7!

The three colors they sent met are 22, 23 and 25.





Number 22 is a mauve brown that is very "on trend" right now since the 90's brown lipsticks have been making a soaring comeback. It reminds me of Bond Girl by Charlotte Tilbury (both the color and finish actually). I am going to have to compare them side by side to see if this is a good dupe! I'll keep you posted.



Number 23 is a beautiful deep berry color that feels slightly more dry than the other colors, but still not as dry as most mattes. It is pretty opaque and dark when applied, but I blotted it down and it left a very matte, beautiful purple berry/wine.



Number 25 is right up my alley. It's a deep, warm red shade. It is a little bit of terracotta red, but not too orangey. It's very flattering and makes my teeth look whiter than I feel like they are. It is smooth and creamy and just lovely. I will be getting a lot of use out of this one for sure!



Golden Rose Matte Lipstick Crayon 07 is a sharpenable pencil with a velvety matte lipstick. It goes on smooth and doesn't feel drying. I believe this one also has vitamin E. It has a velvety finish similar to the Velvet Matte lipsticks, but the more precise tip of a pencil makes it easier to apply bright colors, so this will go in my handbag in case I want to switch it up to a bright lip while I'm out. The color is GORGEOUS. It's a bright, slightly warm red that really makes my blue eyes pop. These are also only $7.

Overall, I'm into all of these and plan to pick up more from this brand! Let me know if you have tried anything from them and what you've loved!

Currently Wearing: 



Currently Listening To: 




Follow me: 

Instagram: recordsandredlipstick
Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. Though Golden Rose sent me these products for review, I am not being paid to promote the products. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog