First Impressions: H&M's New Beauty Line

3:14 PM


H&M launched their new beauty line earlier this fall. Yesterday I stopped by the H&M on 48th & 5th to check it out and walked away with four items to test the line and see what the quality was like. Obviously I've had these for a short time, but here are my first impressions based on what I got.



Pure Radiance Powder Blusher in Rosy Brown ($9.99)





First, I really like the packaging on this. Yes, it is plastic and lightweight, but the simplicity of design with the black and gold looks really nice. It is a little reminiscent of the Tom Ford blush I have from the Summer 2015 (except in white).

Also, I am impressed with the texture on these. The powder is soft and buttery, which makes it blend out nicely. It is sheer, but builds up if you want more color payoff. This color is more tan/brown when swatching than the rose it looks in the pan, but it has a pinky shimmer that looks really nice.

High Impact Eye Colour in Paradise Lost ($6.99)





The packaging here is not as nice as the blush, but it is fine. I was surprised at the amount of glitter in this shade. Honestly, I think I grabbed the wrong box after looking at the testers, but this one is still pretty nice. It is smooth and pigmented with a fine shimmer. The color is a pinky taupe that could be layered on top of another color for a pop of shine, or used as an all over subtle shimmer.

Cream Lip Colour in Rosehip Jam ($9.99) - I can't find this color online, but I linked to the formula of the lipstick


I am impressed with this lipstick. The packaging is light and plastic-y, but looks nice enough (though I could do without the clear ingredient sticker on the side of it). What I'm really impressed with is the feel of this lipstick. It is a cream formula and boy, is it creamy! It glides on and is VERY pigmented. The swatch above is one swipe. It has a slight vanilla scent, but is very faint. It was comfortable on the lips and felt moisturizing. I can't speak to it's longevity, but I don't believe it pretends to be long-wearing. The color is also very pretty. It is a bright red that leans orangey. It's very flattering, even though orange-reds aren't always my favorite for me.

Radiant Concealer Pen in Porcelain Rose ($9.99) - I don't see this shade online either


I got this shade because it is a peachy color that cancels out the dark circles under my eyes. I thought it was a little thick at first, but it blends out well. Just a little bit goes a long way. I'm not sure how good this formula would be as a regular concealer, but I quite like this for under my eyes.

Overall, I'm super impressed with the H&M stuff and will go back for more. Especially the lipsticks, because....obviously.

Currently Wearing: 
H&M Cream Lip Colour in Rosehip Jam

Currently Listening To: 


Follow me: 

Instagram: recordsandredlipstick
Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog