New Records from Third Man, Burger, In the Red, Goner, Cass...

10:08 PM


Back to Front: The Mississippi Sheiks - The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 1 (TMR)Blind Willie McTell - The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 1 (TMR), Legs - AAAA New Memphis Legs (Goner), The Dirtbombs - Consistency Is The Enemy (Cass), The Traditional Fools s/t (In The Red), The Go - Fiesta (Burger), Charley Patton - The Complete Recorded Works in Chronological Order Volume 1 (TMR). 



lot of great records in this here haul! First I ordered three records from Third Man Records.  I follow the goings on over at TMR pretty intensely, so I heard these records were coming quite a while back. They are reissues of out of print records. There is a series of them that the label Document put out. They intend on having these records in print as long as Third Man Records exists, which I think is pretty neat. You can read more about these on their website.

Fiesta is the newest offering from The Go on Burger Records.  The Go have made some really great records so I'm excited to play this one. Plus, it's super pretty red vinyl. Burger Records has also put out a lot of great records, so this was a no-brainer.



Finally, we had a giftcard to Kim's Video and Music that we finally used up. While browsing the newly released section, an employee added this Dirtbombs record that neither my fiance, Joe, nor I had heard about. It is released by Cass Records (owned by Dirtbombs drummer Ben Blackwell) and it includes songs from their If You Don't Already Have A Look compilation. I like having these songs on vinyl since a lot of them were previously only available on out of print 45's. Then we found the Traditional Fools LP (In The Red) which we've been meaning to check out. I'm personally in love with the rad burgers wearing sunglasses, but I'm a sucker for a good album cover. Then we saw they had Legs - AAAA New Memphis Legs (Goner) which is a thing Eric Oblivian did, so duh. Purchased! I need to set aside some serious record listening time this weekend to get caught up now!

Currently Wearing:



Currently Listening To:



Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog