My Red Lipsticks!

10:32 PM

I obviously love red lipstick, so I tend to gravitate toward them when I shop. I guess this explains why I have over 30 red lipsticks right now. I love to try out new brands and formulas and see what works best. Here is my current collection with a mini review of each along with my favorites of the bunch.


  • MAC - Marilyn Monroe Collection in Deeply Adored (Matte) - I haven't used this one yet. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it since it looks darker than my normal reds.
  • MAC - Racy (Frost) - Not digging the frost so much on this one.
  • MAC - Adore It (Glaze) - LOVE this. It's a bright pinky red. It's not super opaque, which makes it a perfect easy lipstick to take with if you aren't going to be able to apply using a mirror.
  • MAC - MAC Red (Satin) - LOVE this too. It's a really perfect true red. It is pretty long lasting and has a nice balance of matte/shine.
  • MAC - Lady Bug (Luster) - I was really excited to get this since I had heard it was a great red from MAC, but eh. I think because I already had Adore It to fill my easy red lip look, I didn't need this one. Don't get me wrong though, it's pretty and is a nice medium opacity red lipstick.
  • MAC - Ruby Woo (Matte) - I heard so much about this lipstick and when I started getting into reds, I had to pick it up. It is a perfect matte red. I generally only like a super matte lip in the winter, which is odd since that's when I'm most dry, but I actually don't find Ruby Woo to be so drying. But it looks dry, so you sort of have to offset the matte by not having your face makeup be so matte.
  • MAC - Marilyn Monroe Collection in Charmed I'm Sure (Matte) - I haven't used this one either. It's too pretty to use or something!
  • Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture in Rouge Roxane - This leans orange and has a bit of frostiness to it, but it isn't too much and it comes off a little younger than a lot of frosty lips.
  • Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in #9 - Super beautiful warm red with no shimmer. Plus, I love these glossy stains.
  • Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in #11 - This is a really pinky red. Looks great layered up to a deep pinky red.
  • Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in #20 - This was a Sephora exclusive color and I'm glad I picked it up. It's similar to #9, but this has a really nice gold shimmer in it. 
  • Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupté in Red Muse - I can't get over how much I love this lipstick. It feels like silk going on and has a great color payoff. 


  • Dior - Diorific in Lady - The color is nice, but I don't tend to pick it up so much because it doesn't go on super smooth and feels dry on my lips.
  • Tom Ford - Ginger Fawn - This is actually an orange that is kind of redish. Love how smoothly it goes on too.
  • Estee Lauder - Pure Color in Rose Exposed - This is a berry-red. It has a nice texture and feels nice on, but I just don't pick it up often.
  • Estee Lauder - Double Wear in Stay Scarlet - Very dry, but it sure does stay put! 
  • Estee Lauder - Mad Men Collection in Cherry - How adorable is this packaging? I tend to keep the boxes of my super pretty stuff anyway, but this one will NEVER be tossed out. It also comes with a little pouch for the tube. The color of this is a pinkish red and while it is a little drying, it stays on so well and such a pretty color, I don't care.
  • Careline - #604 - This is a really nice deep red. The texture is great and it wears pretty well too.
  • Tarte - Lipsurgance Matte Lip Tint in Firey - This goes on like a nice deep red and it's matte so it stays on well. I really like these products because they are really easy to apply.
  • Tarte - Tarte for True Blood - This is my go-to red when I go out because it is a nice red with some shimmer, it wears off evenly so if I am not able to reapply I don't end up with a ring around my mouth and when I do want to reapply, I can do it easily without a mirror because these apply easily. Four stars!
  • Sephora - Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Fancy Red - This was an impulse purchase at Sephora and I wasn't expecting much, but it is really pretty. It does have that nice glossy shine that looks like vinyl and the color is deep red with sparkle. It wears okay, but not amazing. It feels a little weird on the lips too.
  • Avon - Perfectwear Extralasting Lipstick in Eternal Flame - I saw this on a Pixiwoo video, I think, and loved it. While I do think it's a pretty color, it is drying and doesn't actually last too long on my lips. It felt really weird on too.
  • Benefit - Full-Finish Lipstick in Flirt Alert - Another favorite lipstick! Soft and creamy, but still pretty long-lasting. 
  • Joe Fresh - Ruby (Matte) - Very dry, but a really pretty color! Plus the package is super light so it is a great purse lipstick.
  • Joe Fresh - Big Apple (Cream) - Creamy and a little thick feeling on the lips, but another great color!
  • L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Endless Red - I just got a couple of these L'Oreal stains to compare to the YSL Glossy Stains (my love) and I am not too impressed. I'll do a side by side soon.
  • Wet N Wild - Fergie Collection in Saraghina - Nice red! For the price, I really enjoy this. It isn't the most comfortable lipstick, but the color payoff is great and it is pretty long-lasting.
  • Rimmel - Kate Moss in #01 - A deep red that feels nice on and stays put well. 
  • E.L.F. - Fearless - Feels heavy on the lips, is drying and is a drag to put on. Thumbs down.
  • Revlon - Lip Butter in Candy Apple - These are nice, but a little sheer for me. It's a good transition color if you are looking to wear reds or if you want to just add a little red to your lips, but most of the time if I'm doing red, I'm going bold.
  • Revlon - Cherries in the Snow - A very pinky red but it is kind of iconic. The color reminds me a lot of the YSL GS in #11 and I prefer that formula so I don't tend to pick this one up so much.
My favorites:
  • YSL Rouge Volupté in Red Muse
  • MAC in MAC Red
  • Benefit Full-Finish Lipstick in Flirt Alert
  • YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain in #9
  • MAC in Adore It
  • Tarte for True Blood
  • Estee Lauder Mad Men Collection in Cherry
Currently Wearing:


Currently Listening To: 
 




Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog