May Fave Five: Boscia, Make Up For Ever, YSL, Rimmel and Tarte

6:12 PM

Before I get started with my May Fave Five, I wanted to link quickly to my blog sale that I have just posted. Is is on a separate blog, so go here for lots of makeup items for sale!


My favorites for the month are all things I've been using a while and have been reaching for a lot in the last month.

1 - Boscia No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment - I've been using this in place of a primer when it's warm out so I don't get too shiny and it works really well. I don't notice too much about it shrinking pores, but my pores aren't a big issue for me. I will be buying the full size of this once I use up this deluxe sample.

2 - Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 16 Pink Beige - This is a nice neutral pink shadow that really brightens up my eyes. I can wear it just as a wash of color or sometimes I put some Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk in the crease with this and it makes a really pretty combo. I don't notice any creasing and it stays put. I need to get this in more colors.

3 - YSL Rouge Volupté in 17 Red Muse - I've talked about this a lot before, but it really is my go-to for a bright red lip. I had to deal with finals in May and used this a lot to distract from my exhausted face. A bright red lip can really just brighten your face easy!

4 - Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Taupe - I picked this up a while back kind of unsure what I'd do with it. It was a little dark to use in my waterline as an eye brightener and a little too light to make a big impact as a normal top lid liner. However, this has been perfect for lining my lower lid. I don't care for how a dark liner looks on my lower lid, so I've usually just not put anything there. But this taupe just darkens it enough to add dimension and shadow without making it obvious. I don't think I've went more than a day without doing this since I got this liner! It doesn't budge either!

5 - Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil - A year or so ago I received a sample of this stuff and quite liked it. Then during a sale on the Tarte site I picked up the full size bottle. If I notice my skin is really dry or flaky (which happens a good bit during the winter) I use 4-5 drops straight on my face. Normally though, I put a bit of whatever moisturizer I am using that day/night in the palm of my hand and then add 1-2 drops of maracuja oil to it. I'll just mix it up a bit with my finger and apply that to my face. I feel like it has kept my skin clear more often and with less flaky bits. It doesn't clog my pores like some heavy moisturizers do, so that helps in cold/dry months for sure.




Currently Wearing: 


Currently Listening To: 



Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog