Dupe Alert!! Tom Ford Ginger Fawn ($48) vs. Flower Beauty Coral Floret ($7)

10:00 AM


While swatching for an upcoming post about spring lipsticks, I found a dupe! Admittedly, it isn't a dead-on dupe, but it's fairly close and due to the price difference between the two, I thought it would be something to pass along.

Lipsticks: Ginger Fawn by Tom Ford vs. Coral Floret by Flower Beauty

Price: Ginger Fawn is $48 (though I can't find this shade for sale anymore) and Coral Floret is $6.98

Color: Ginger Fawn is a medium orange and Coral Floret is a peachy-orange-coral. In the swatches they don't look as similar, but on my lips they were identical. I wore them both on my lips at the same time (one on the right and one on the left) and it was unnoticeable.



Pigmentation: Both of the lipsticks have a lot of pigmentation and are opaque in one swipe.


(Music: Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah by Johnny Hash)

Finish: Both have highly shiney finishes. Coral Floret has no shimmer in the tube, but goes on with a lot of shine. Ginger Fawn has golden shimmer, but no sparkle.


Lip Feel: Ginger Fawn goes on feeling like air. It's smooth, swipes on easy and feels like nothing when on. It feels quite moisturizing, even after wearing it for a while. Coral Floret feels a bit heavier on the lips. It is slightly less smooth and a little more drying over time, so I'd suggest wearing it over a balm.

Staying Power: Both of these have great staying power and lasted for hours on me without reapplication. Coral Floret dries out a lot more the longer I wear it though.

Packaging: I love the cases for Tom Ford lipsticks, but you pay for it. These Flower Beauty lipsticks have really beautiful cases as well. And for the price, these are super nice. The tube is plastic and it has a rose gold logo and accent. It's a very vintagey feel which I appreciate.


Overall: If you want to try out a color like this, I'd suggest going with the much cheaper Coral Floret. However, if you know this color is your jam and you'd wear it all summer long, go for Ginger Fawn. It's a hefty price tag, but this is a little bit of luxury that is worth splurging on.


Currently Wearing: 


Currently Listening To: 

Johnny Hash - Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog