June Glossybox contents and a pretty large issue they refuse to fix...

9:30 AM


I don't always do a post for my Glossybox, but the box for June had pretty good content, so I thought I'd share it. I bought a year subscription last fall, and though I think Glossybox has had some of the best stuff (only somewhat offset by a higher price), I am disappointed by one glaring problem that they refuse to fix. Judging from posts from others on their Facebook page, I'm not the only one this happens to, but I keep getting items for "Medium/Dark" or "Medium/Tan" skin tones. From day 1, my profile has been set up as fair skin. I also emailed their customer service after the first time I received a product for medium/tan skin, to which I received no response. This box is now the third time that I got a box with a medium/tan product. Am I wrong for being upset about this? I mean, I am paying for these products and it isn't as though they don't know what my skin tone is either. One of the selling points of the box is that they get your skin tone so you don't have things like this happen. I've tweeted them about the problem this time, but it looks like their @glossyboxushelp twitter page hasn't been used since the end of May so I suppose it is time to call them about it. I know, I know. Most of you are like "why haven't you ALREADY called." For me, calling is the last resort. Especially when there are so many other options to not talk to anyone! Haha. Okay, end rant.



June's box was called American Beauty and had a different box and paper than usual because of that. I use my boxes for storage of backups and samples, so I like having some that are different colors to keep organized.

Now for the products!!



c. Booth Honey Almond Nourishing Dry Oil Mist - I saw this and thought it was for hair, but it is for my skin! I have dry skin, so I am very intrigued about an oil I can spray on. I am a big fan of the Tarte Maracuja oil, so I can't wait to give this a try. Plus, it is a big bottle (for a beauty box anyway) at 2 oz. Honey Almond sounds amazing too.

Oscar de la Renta Essential Luxuries - six unique scents. I've got plenty of perfume and I'm super picky, so I'll probably end up giving these away or putting them in a blogsale (I've still got one going on if you are interested).

Philip B Styling Gel - I'll try anything to help my crazy hair in this humidity, so I'm happy to give this a try. I'm almost out of my beloved (and discontinued) Bumble and bumble Styling Balm, so I'm in search of something new anyway.

Spa Ritual Nail Polish in Whirlwind Romance - I'm into nail polish and I haven't been able to find "the perfect pale pink" yet, so this is perfect for me to try out. I've also heard good things about this brand. Yay!

Tarte Complexion Enhancing Lipstick in Medium/Tan - I was SO excited when I saw there was a lipstick in this box from one of my favorite brands, Tarte. I mean, my blog is records and red LIPSTICK, so it's obvious that I'm into that stuff. But my excitement quickly fled when I saw it was in the shade "medium/tan" and I am fair. Glossybox strikes again (see above rant). Again, I'll probably end up blogsaling this one, even though I WANT TO TRY IT. *frustration*

Hopefully I'll love most of these products and you will see them in an upcoming favorites post!


Currently Wearing: 


Currently Listening To: 




Other ways to follow me: 

Twitter: @RecordsRedLips
Instagram: RecordsRedLips
Pinterest: Records & Red Lipstick
Vine: RecordsAndRedLipstick

Disclaimer: This post contains my own opinion. I have not been sent these items for consideration and/or review. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts of the Week

Search This Blog